Monday, February 27, 2012

What I saw in St. Petersburg

With our upcoming conventions in St. Petersburg this June myself and the other NEC members headed for a preview at the hotel for our bi-annual NEC meeting.

I had never been to St. Petersburg before and I found myself within one day of being there texting my husband that I wanted to move there!  The hotel is very near to the marina and pier.  Restaurants, shops, museums and parks were all within walking distance or you could take the local shuttle for a whopping 50 cents, (25 cents for seniors) around the town.

I saw pelicans hanging out at the pier and dolphins swimming by.  Two women wearing tiaras as they drank their coffee outside a cafe and a man riding a unicycle.  Banyan trees whose roots went upwards draping across the branches and kapok trees with beautiful blooms and twisted trunk. There is something relaxing about being near the water which I loved.

I look forward to going back in June to see more of the sights as we were limited to time during our meetings.  Hope to see you there and don't forget your tiaras!

No comments:

Post a Comment